Sunday, December 1, 2013

Wedding Update!

We just hit the 10 month mark, that is crazy to me.  It's true what they say, the time really does fly by and now that we're under a year I feel like I really need to get everything done, like yesterday.

We got an amazing deal on the DJ company that our venue recommended.  They've won numerous awards and I know they will keep the party going and all of our crazy guests on the dance floor:)  If you're in MN check out Midwest Sound.  Friendly tip: Join The Knot and you will receive great email offers for DJs, photographers, and much more!

We had our tasting event a couple of weeks ago and it was LEGIT.  We were allowed to bring two other people and it was set up buffet style with all options from wine to main entrées.  It was so nice to be able to make some decisions on what we will be feeding our guests at our wedding:)  We ended up choosing salmon, chicken cordon bleu, and for the vegetarian option we chose butternut squash ravioli.  It was SO good, I'm 98% sure that is what I will choose.  We will also be doing a cocktail hour with light appetizers and a late night snack of pizzas.  Our friends and family will be doing a lot of dancing and drinking so the late night snack is absolutely necessary;)
At our venue for the tasting event.
I also chose my hair and makeup team.  It's a company called Onsite Muse.  They travel to wherever you are getting ready and you just let them know how many people need hair/makeup and they bring enough stylists to accommodate your number!  The girl who used to do my hair (I haven't had my hair done in awhile:)) is one of the stylists so that's how I found out about their company.  They have also won awards so I think we're in good hands!

Next on my list is deciding what we want to do for flowers and also booking a photo booth.  This is what I'm loving for centerpieces and flowers… (side note:how did we survive before Pinterest?)
via

source unknown
source unknown 
via
source unknown



                                                      I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and weekend!
                                                   xo



No comments:

Post a Comment