Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Love Day, friends!

I have a couple of things I want to share with you on this sweet day, list style:)

1.)  We adopted a PUPPY.  We might be crazy.  No, I take that back.  We ARE crazy.  We have about a million things going on right now but he really has been the perfect addition.  When Bella passed I immediately said I can NEVER get another animal.  It was just too painful to see her ill and then to see her pass.  As the days went on, I began to come around to the idea of getting a dog.  Kyle is by himself quite a bit being that I still have obligations in the cities and with him not knowing anyone in our new town yet, he was very lonely after losing Bella.  We both know we will never have a dog as easy and well behaved as our Bella girl but we desperately needed to fill the tremendous void in some way.  

We started to do some searching and I eventually convinced Kyle that we HAD to adopt.  There were just SO many dogs in nearby shelters and there was no reason why we couldn't make one part of our family.  He wanted a puppy (I would have been fine with a fully potty trained dog;)) and a male this time so that's where the compromise came in.  We would adopt a male puppy.  I came across the picture below of a litter of pups  that were in a nearby shelter and showed the picture to Kyle.  He thought they were just as adorable as I did.  We contacted the shelter and found out that the only one that was still available was the black puppy in the middle.  Apparently there's such thing as "black dog syndrome" where no one ever wants the black pup.  Well that broke my heart, obviously.  After lengthy conversations and weighing the pros and cons we finally decided to just go with it.  We are very happy with our decision, thank goodness;)

Homeboy better get used to the snow real quick, he is a MN boy after all.
This is only 2 days after we got him, we think he likes us.

He sleeps, eats, goes potty, plays for 20 min and then back to nap time on our laps.


2.) Ohhhh I am so excited to finally be a step closer to this little dream of mine coming true.   Just sharing a little sneak peak until I'm completely ready for the roll out.
Coming to an Etsy shop near you, very soon:)

I hope you are all enjoying your Valentine's Day with the people you love the most!



No comments:

Post a Comment